Dolmabahce Palace & Cable Car & Bosphorus on Boat Full Day / 60 Euro P.P.
Operated : Everyday Between 08:00 am / 17:30 pm
Tour Highlights : Dolmabahce Palace , Bezm-i Alem Valide Sultan Mosque , Lunch , City walls , Golden horn , Cable car , Bosphorus on Boat
Get a comprehensive overview of Istanbul on this full-day tour of the city by coach, boat, and cable car. You will be picked up from your hotel by bus and driven along the length of the Golden Horn, the historic water that divides Istanbul.
Travel to the top of Pierre Loti Hill by cable car, and admire panoramic views of the city as you drink coffee at the famous Pierre Loti Café, named after the French novelist who spent much of his time there.
Experience the splendor of Istanbul from the water. In the afternoon you will enjoy a relaxing cruise on the Bosphorus and take in the grand spectacle of the city’s houses and palaces from the river. You will also be taken on a tour of Dolmabahce Palace, home to the last of the Ottoman Sultans. Admire one of the most glamorous palaces in the world, once the administrative heart of the Ottoman Empire.
After Lunch; Visit Dolmabahce Palace built by Sultan Abdulmecit between 1843 and 1856, famous for being the first European- style palace in Istanbul. Dolmabahce Palace was the last residence for the Ottoman Sultans with 365 rooms and 22 saloons. It is famous for its great collection of European antiquity, furniture and 4.5 tons of chandelier. Not only will you enjoy the interior of the palace but also take in the magnificence of the Bosphorus.
Dolmabahce Palace : Dolmabahçe Palace was ordered to be built by the Empire's 31st Sultan, Abdülmecid I, and built between the years 1843 and 1856.. The palace has an area of 45,000 m2 (11.2 acres), and contains 285 rooms, 46 halls, 6 baths (hamam) and 68 toilets.
Bezm-i Alem Valide Sultan Mosque : The construction was originally backed by Bezm-i Alem Valide Sultan. After she died, Sultan Abdülmecid, her son, continued to support the construction of the mosque. Upon completion in 1851, it was opened for prayer.
Shopping : As Turkey is one of the best leather producing countries in the world. We will watch a fashion-show in an outlet center which produces and manufactures different various of great quality leatherware. So it's a good opportunity to have a look at the reasonable priced good quality leather accessories.
City Walls : The first breach of the walls was by the Fourth Crusade in 1204, the second by the cannons and troops of Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror in 1453.
Cable Car & Pierre Loti Hill Was named after the famous French writer, you will enjoy magnificent scenery of Golden Horn and the city.
Boat Trip on Bosphorus : A traditional excursion by boat along the waterway seperating Europe and Asia. The shore is lined with old wooden villas, palaces of marble, fortresses, and small fishing villages. During the excursion you will pass the magnificent Dolmabahce Palace, and further along, the parks and imperial pavillions of Yildiz Palace. On the coastal edge of this park, is Ciragan Palace, 300 meters of is marble facade faces the shore. At Ortakoy a great variety of artists gather every Sunday to display their work along the street. Ortakoy is a symbol of tolerance with a church, a mosque and a synagogue existing side by side for centuries.
Rumeli Fortress : (from the sea, no interior visit)Istanbul had been besieged many times before Mehmet the Conqueror took the city in 1453, but it managed to defend itself with the help of the Roman city walls.
The Lander's Tower : (From the sea, no interior visit) This is a small and attractive tower built on an islet at the entrance to the Bosphorus. It is one of the symbols of Istanbul. Used in the past as a watchtower and a lighthouse, it has been preserved in its 19th Century appearance.
This tour is not operated on Monday and Thursday.
Dolmabahce (Bezm-i Alem Valide) Mosque is visited in the winter season instead of the Yildiz Royal Garden.
Pick up & drop off from Istanbul City Center Hotels & Cruise Port.
Transportation with A/C non-smoking deluxe vehicle throughout the trip.
Professional tour guide licensed by the Ministry of Tourism
All entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museums, parking and road tolls
Lunch at local restaurant (set menu - vegetarian meals available - drinks extra)
18% VAT (Value Added Tax)
- Any other expenses not noted in the above included section
- Tips to guide & driver
- Items of a personal nature
- All kinds of beverages and medical services
- Refer to itinerary, (B) means breakfast, (L) Lunch, (D) Dinner is included if printed next to day’s itinerary on small group tours. Lunch excluded on private tours.
- On daily city tours; flights, hotels, airport transfers are not included.
- Please ask for discounted rates for family and for large groups.
- Rates in EURO per person sharing a Double Room.
- Flights tickets are e-tickets. Calculation is based on promotional class and rates are subject to change until ticketed. You will receive references to flight tickets after booking.
- This itinerary is subject to change and may be reversed without prior notice according to weather, museum closing days, daily events or other unforeseen circumstances outside the control of Istanbul Travel Group Tours.
- Small Group tours are with English speaking guide. On Private Tours, you may ask to have Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Russian or Japanese Speaking guides which will depend on availibility.
- You may join this tour in Istanbul or Cappadocia, we can reverse the itinerary.
- For groups over 10 people, contact us for special rates.
We can custom design your itinerary to create a touring program that most ideally suits your personal, educational, cultural, and budgetary requirements. Please contact us for details and we will design your dream tour…