Ankara – Cappadocia 4 Days
Operated : Daily – All Year Around
Tour Highlights : Ankara, Hattusas, Cappadocia
Day 1 – Istanbul – Ankara – Cappadocia
Take the early morning flight from Istanbul to Ankara. Arrival and meeting just outside the arrival’s gate with a sign bearing your name. Visit to Archeological museum of Ankara, received European Museum of the year award in 1997 With its unique collection including Paleolithic, Neolithic, Hattie, Hittite, Phrygian, Urartian and Roman works and Lydian treasures. Drive to Hattusas ( 2 and a half hours), capital of the Hittite empire in the 2nd millennium BC. The ancient city is on the outskirts of present-day Bogazkale, just over 125 miles east of Ankara. The Hittites were the first true empire in the Anatolian area, and is mentioned in texts from other empires outside the area and in The Bible. Lunch and visit the temples and the castles. Transfer to your hotel in Cappadocia and overnight. Drive to Cappadocia (about 3 and a half hours). Check-in to your hotel in Cappadocia and overnight.
Day 2 – Cappadocia
Meeting at the hotel reception at 09:30am
In the morning, first meeting with the lunar landscape of Cappadocia: rock formations beyond belief in Devrent valley; walking in Pasabag near Zelve ; “fairy chimneys” where the voice of wind mixes with the “songs of fairies”. Lunch in Avanos, centre of terra cotta work of art since 3000 BC. and a demonstration in a traditional pottery workshop. Afternoon, visit the famous Goreme Open Air Museum and see the best examples of Byzantine art in Cappadocia in rock-cut churches with frescoes and paintings (10th to 13th century). Continue to the Uchisar Rock-Castle to have a panoramic view of the valleys of Cappadocia and overnight.
Day 3 – Cappadocia Hot air ballooning with sunrise (extra).
Meeting at the hotel reception at 09:30am
Tour to Kaymaklı Underground City, one of the most interesting underground settlements in Cappadocia. Drive to to Sahinefendi ( Sobesos )- Sobessos is newly discovered (01 May 2002) mosaic houses & Archaeological excavation site. Villages in the valleys, surrounded by the “table top” mountains, are spectacular. Continue with Keslik Monastery near Cemil, that hides it’s frescoes behind a very thin smoke layer which we can only see by torch light. Lunch break. Visit to Mustafapaşa (Sinasos), an old Greek town with its spectacular old Greek houses; very fine examples of late Greek settlements and architecture. Visit to Saruhan Caravanserai, a roadside inn where travellers could rest and recover from the day’s journey. Caravanserais supported the flow of commerce, information and people across a network of trade routes of Asia, North Africa and South-Eastern Europe on the legendary Silk Road and the Spice road. Continue with panorama of the Red Valley, with its fabulous volcanic rock formations, is in the heart of Cappadocia but away from the tourist crowd. Overnight Cappadocia
Day 4 – Cappadocia – Istanbul
Pick-up from hotel 2 hours before flight departure.
Transfer to airport for your flight to Istanbul.
Domestic flights in the program.
Airport transfers where needed.
Transportation by a comfortable AC non smoking Luxurious car/Van with professional driver.
Professional and experienced licensed guide during the tours.
Accommodation in Charming or Deluxe superior Hotels.
Entry fees to the sites and museums.
Breakfast included in the hotel.
- International flights
- Lunch & Dinner *
- Tips to guide, driver and hotel personnel
- Refer to itinerary, (B) means breakfast, (L) Lunch, (D) Dinner is included if printed next to day’s itinerary on small group tours. Lunch excluded on private tours.
- On daily city tours; flights, hotels, airport transfers are not included.
- Please ask for discounted rates for family and for large groups.
- Rates in EURO per person sharing a Double Room.
- Flights tickets are e-tickets. Calculation is based on promotional class and rates are subject to change until ticketed. You will receive references to flight tickets after booking.
- This itinerary is subject to change and may be reversed without prior notice according to weather, museum closing days, daily events or other unforeseen circumstances outside the control of Istanbul Travel Group Tours.
- Small Group tours are with English speaking guide. On Private Tours, you may ask to have Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Russian or Japanese Speaking guides which will depend on availibility.
- You may join this tour in Istanbul or Cappadocia, we can reverse the itinerary.
- For groups over 10 people, contact us for special rates.
We can custom design your itinerary to create a touring program that most ideally suits your personal, educational, cultural, and budgetary requirements. Please contact us for details and we will design your dream tour…